Life is always about ups and downs. Surely my life has been like that. And I’m sure almost everyone’s life on the globe is like that. Do we achieve everything what we aspire to become in our lives?? Not exactly. In fact most of us are living the alternative we found when we failed to achieve what we aspired for. Now the question is how far have we accepted, implied that alternative and succeeded in our life. Well if we take a closer analysis and evaluate our progress 90% of us would arrive at one rank- average. In that case we have no one to blame other than ourselves. The very reason for this situation is we haven’t really taken the alternative choice as seriously as we took our aspirations in our early days.

In fact my life till now has also been like the ones in the 90% category. But I’m different in that 90% category too. As a matter of fact I’m unique even though I fall in that 90% category simply because of my different approach towards the alternative choice I had. At first we generally feel for the failure we faced for sometime. Then we half heartedly accept our alternative and live without any future aspirations. I aspire to BE THE BEST in the alternative I have.

This instinct wasn’t inborn but was cultivated and then developed thanks my English professor at school when I was doing my 11th grade. My then English professor is perhaps the greatest person who has shown me the easier side of light and brought my talents to lime-light. One day she took a poem as a part of our syllabus. The poem was BE THE BEST by Douglas Malloch. The poet (perhaps the greatest ever) emphasized on that alternative we have and instills the spirit in us to “be the best” in what ever field we are. I don’t know about the poet but my professor did instill that spirit in me. This perhaps is the greatest work done by her if not to all of her students but at least to me.

This is the different approach that I’m talking about. Accepting the alternative choice of our life is not our achievement but aspiring to be the best in what ever field we are is the achievement. I’m not providing a medicine for your failure. God forbid. If you ever fail in your life (you will at least once) to achieve what you aimed for then aim to be the best in what you are in now instead of looking away at the train (success) you missed. I hope you will try to:

Be the Best