This is it. Finally I got the chance for what I've been waiting for. To play in volleyball team for interdepartmental tournament .After a hard practice for past 1 week I finally got this big opportunity that my seniors thought I deserved .Well not many 1st years get this .but in my department the scenario seemed to be opposite .There were bunch of inexperienced seniors and experienced juniors who had volleyball experience at division level during their school days .And with the commitment shown by the seniors for the welfare of the team it was evident that juniors would get the chance to play and I was one among them .The whole tournament has been of surprises .Big teams lost and those believed to be eliminated at the very first round made it to the next round. However the

Semifinals was a treat to watch for the spectators .The first semifinal took place between EEE and MBA department. As EEE is our college team, it was predicted that the semis would be a piece of cake for them and they would easily win it. So did happen. EEE won semis but not as they were believed to be. MBA showed great commitment and even won the first set. However EEE went on to win the remaining two. But the way MBA battled it out won them a great applause not only from the crowd but also from the Physical Education Director (PED) himself .next my department went on to gain a comfortable win over MCA. At last the moment came that none of us even thought about at the beginning of the tournament. We were the finalist against EEE. I heard someone in the crowd saying that match seemed like ROOKIES vs. PROS. And how can I blame the spectator as he was mindset matched everyone who had come to see the match. But there mindset couldn’t suppress the confidence my team was having. And after practicing for nearly a week we were not ready to give away easily. The match kick started. I played for a while but then another player was substituted in for me as I was out of my battery. The match went on interestingly. Sometimes my team would have an advantage of 2-3 points while sometimes it would be just opposite. In the end we lost a hard fought first set 25 - 23. But my team came back with a bang. We went on to have a substantial lead with 15-7. But then came a big change. One of the seniors who had never practiced volleyball came and decided to play in and substituted one player out. Though many seniors were against this they finally allowed this idiot. This broke the coordination between the players and as a result we gave easy points to rivals. Adding to this the substituted senior made some mistakes which eventually brought us down. But other players compensated this with their game play and brought us back into the game. But this wasn’t sufficient for our mistakes and we lost by a hairline margin of two points. Anyway everyone gave a great applause for our fight including our rivals. Even though we lost the match, I would certainly remember this day in my memory book.